Traders and Investors,
If you aren't careful the IRS can and will classify you as an investor, this can have terrible ramifications for taxes on trading.
As an investor, reporting your trading is complicated, and the taxes can be punitive. On top of that, due to the tax changes, your deductions are limited.
If you trade with an expectation of making a profit, knowledgeably dealing with your taxes can save you money and headache.
Join us to learn what steps you need to take to properly prepare yourself for this tax season.
Kent Savage our Tax Attorney on staff, will teach you about Trader Tax Status and what it takes for the IRS to recognize you as a professional trader.
In his presentation, he will lead you through an interactive workshop on:
• Trader Tax Status
• What does it take to qualify
• What is trader tax status and what does it mean to you and the IRS
• How the status changes your deductions
• The burdens the IRS places on investors
• Trading as a business
• The IRS "special rules" surrounding "Traders Status"
• Our suggestions for maintaining this status
• Mark-to-Market Accounting
Again, join us to learn what steps you need to take to properly prepare yourself for this tax season.