Founder, Top Dog Trading
Dr. Barry Burns
Dr. Barry Burns is a business man who has owned several small companies. His business background had taught him to focus on the bottom line, so his study of the financial markets was for one purpose only: to make profits.
He started his study of the markets under the direction of his father, Patrick F. Burns, who became independently wealthy through trading and had over 70 years of trading experience before passing away in 2005.
Barry Burns furthered his education by reading over 100 books on trading and investing, and spent over $50,000 in trading courses and education.
In addition, he hired three professional traders to mentor him personally. He even flew to Chicago to work with a former floor trader at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
All of this research and study resulted in insights which eventually led to the development of his own methodology.
A brief outline of accomplishments:
* Author of “Trend Trading For Dummies” (Pulisher: Wiley).
* Seminar presenter for several exchanges including the
CME Group and Eurex.
* Author of Top Dog Trading 5 Energy Methodology Plug-in
* Featured as a case study in the book “Using Candlestick
Charting: How To Earn High Rates of Return – Safely”
* Featured as a case study in the book “The Complete Guide
to Investing in Derivatives.”
* Received several years of Readers Choice Award for “Technical
Anaysis Web Sites” and “Trading Schools” by Technical
Analysis of Stocks and Commodities Magazine.
* Developed a 5 Day Course for WorldWideTraders.
* Headlining speaker at DayTradersUSA.
* Headlining speaker for the Market Analysts of Southern
* Headlining speaker for the Canadian Society of Technical Analysis.
* Given seminars around the country at many Wealth Expos and
* Interviewed on the Robin Dayne “Elite Masters of Trading”
* Interviewed on Otrader.com
* Published many articles for various outlets including eSignal
* The former lead moderator of FuturesTalk chat room guiding
listeners through the open and close of each trading day.
* Founded Top Dog Trading, to help students shorten their
learning curves in becoming traders.